Leading the Change with the Impact MBA
Discover the significance of MBA Degrees in today's dynamic business world — they're not just vital for succeeding as intrapreneurs within organizations, but also for driving sustainable growth from within.
If you're a working professional driven to make a positive societal impact through sustainable business strategies, innovation, and leadership, then you should explore the opportunity of obtaining an Impact MBA in Sustainability, Innovation, and Leadership at Tomorrow University of Applied Sciences.
About the Impact MBA
The Impact MBA in Sustainability, Innovation, and Leadership is designed for professionals who have a genuine concern for sustainability and a desire to make a positive impact on the world. The unique aspect of this program is that it's offered remotely, allowing you to study from anywhere. It's divided into four main parts, offering comprehensive coverage of business sustainability while enabling you to specialize in specific areas of interest.
The primary objective of this program is to empower leaders to transform themselves and make a substantial impact on society. It encourages creative thinking, forward planning, driving positive change, and tackling complex problems. It's more than just a degree; it's a transformative journey of personal growth aimed at making the world a better place.
Within a dynamic international community of professionals, individuals are empowered to spearhead impactful initiatives and foster sustainable change. The program's flexibility enables simultaneous study alongside full-time employment, supported by an innovative mobile app that enhances the learning experience, promoting asynchronous learning.
Why skills in sustainability, innovation, and leadership are essential
In today's world, there's a growing demand for individuals who possess expertise in sustainability, innovation, and leadership. Here's the key reason why these skills are important:
- Higher earning potential: Pursuing an MBA can significantly boost your income. On average, MBA graduates see their earnings increase by 77%, as reported by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). Investing in your education can lead to a tangible payoff in your paycheck.
- Increasing demand for social responsibility and sustainability: Consumers are increasingly willing to pay more for environmentally friendly products. A survey conducted by McKinsey & Company revealed that over 70% of consumers are willing to spend extra on sustainable products. This underscores the growing need for professionals who can make businesses more eco-friendly, and an Impact MBA can equip you with the necessary skills.
- Networking and opportunities: Building a robust professional network can open doors to new job opportunities and collaborations. A survey of MBA graduates found that over 90% credited their MBA program for expanding their professional network, which can lead to exciting career prospects and partnerships.
- Rising importance of innovation in business: Innovation is a critical driver of business growth. Companies known for their innovation outperform the average, according to the BCG Henderson Institute. An MBA program with a focus on innovation can teach you how to drive growth and adapt to the ever-changing business landscape.
- Leadership skills and advancement: If your goal is to advance your career and assume managerial or executive roles, an MBA can be a valuable asset. A GMAC survey discovered that roughly half of MBA graduates hold high-level management positions within a decade of earning their degree.
In addition to these points, there are several statistics supporting the benefits of an MBA:
- According to GMAC, MBA graduates can expect a median base salary increase of 75% three years after completing their degree.
- A study by the Financial Times found that 91% of MBA alumni surveyed worldwide claimed that their degree accelerated their career progression.
- Babson College's Center for Entrepreneurship reported that 33% of Inc. 500 CEOs have an MBA, demonstrating the degree's relevance in entrepreneurial ventures.
- The GMAC reports that an MBA can enhance global career prospects, with 45% of alumni working in jobs that require international business expertise.
- A study by Poets & Quants found that 81% of MBA alumni considered their business school network to be valuable for their careers.
- The Graduate Management Admission Council found that MBA programs are effective at developing leadership skills, with 88% of alumni saying that their MBA improved their ability to lead and manage.
- During economic downturns, MBA graduates tend to have better job security, as reported by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
- Research by the MBA Career Services and Employer Alliance (MBA CSEA) showed that MBA graduates can pursue diverse career paths, including finance, consulting, technology, healthcare, and more.
- According to a survey by the Graduate Management Admission Council, 86% of MBA alumni reported being satisfied with their job, attributing their satisfaction in part to their MBA education.
- A study by the Financial Times found that, on average, MBA graduates recoup their investment within 3.5 years after graduation through increased earnings and career opportunities.
The data consistently supports the idea that getting an MBA is crucial for your personal and professional growth. Based on this evidence, going after an MBA is a smart decision for those who want to achieve their career objectives while leading with purpose to make a sustainable impact.
Meet the collective
Merle Becker is currently pursuing a Master's degree in Sustainability, Entrepreneurship, and Technology. Recognizing the importance of further refining her skills, she has chosen to pursue an Impact MBA in Sustainability, Innovation, and Leadership. Merle is not only a dedicated sustainability advocate but also a proficient moderator with a passion for fostering socially just and sustainable communities. With a background in political science and a Master's in International Peace Research, she brings a wealth of expertise to the field of sustainability. Fluent in three languages, Merle has founded two non-governmental organizations and serves as a lecturer in "Ethical Management" at the Karls University of Applied Sciences. Read about her motivations for joining the Impact MBA.
“I have been studying in the Master’s Degree program since the end of 2022. I chose this program due to its exciting content, not because of the degree, as I already hold a Master's degree. I came across the program when I was researching MBA programs and was frustrated because it seemed like all MBA programs were promoting a "business as usual" approach and viewed sustainability and transformation merely as buzzwords and opportunities for profit maximization. The Master’s Degree program was a good alternative for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed studying at ToU. However, when I learned that this innovative university was launching an Impact MBA (which is exactly what I had been looking for), it became clear to me that I would continue my studies after completing the Master’s Degree program to pursue the MBA. I want to learn how leadership can function when sustainability and transformation are genuinely embraced, and I feel that ToU is the perfect place for this.”
Tomorrow University of Applied Sciences' Impact MBA in Sustainability, Innovation, and Leadership offers an exceptional opportunity for professionals who are passionate about creating a more sustainable and socially responsible future. This remote program not only equips you with valuable career skills but also empowers you to address global challenges proactively. Speak with our Admissions Team to learn how you can join the collective.